To Research on Application and Maintenance of Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker
Circuit breakers play an extremely important role in power systems, and Sulfur Hexafluoride (hereinafter referred to as SF6) gas is the medium for the main functions of circuit breakers, and it has the functions of insulation and arc suppression. After the excavation of SF6 and reports on its application in electric power equipment and recently related literature, inspiring the author to summarize - the unique characters of SF6 and the arc suppression and operation principle, and explained some proper terms on the nameplate of the circuit breaker, all those combine an article, which can be prone to understand, at the same time it is easy to navigate of international journal on the website. In addition, for the abnormal situation of the connecting circuit breaker between the two busses in the substation, the "time constant" formed by the equivalent resistance and inductance value of the DC component of the zero-sequence fault current is related to the breaking time of the circuit breaker. Finally, combined above mentioned character with the points that must be paid attention to maintenance and being repaired on SF6 breaker in during, those things will be compiled into an article, which can be used as a reference for technical personnel in the field of power engineering.
- Heiermeier H, Raysaha RB. Evolving Fault and Parallel Switching for SF6 Circuit Breakers. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 2020; 35(2). | Google Scholar
- Cheetham P, Hellany A, Jones S. Density monitoring of high-voltage SF6 circuit breakers. IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, 2015; 31(2). | Google Scholar
- Fofana. 50 years in the development of insulating liquids. IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, 2013; 29(5). | Google Scholar
- Park JH, Ha MJ. Experimental and Numerical Studies of Nozzle Ablation and Geometric Change in Real Gas Circuit Breakers. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 2022; 37(6). | Google Scholar
- Liu J, Huang GM, Ma Z, Geng Y. A Novel Smart High-Voltage Circuit Breaker for Smart Grid Applications. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2011; 2(2). | Google Scholar
- Kamei M, Takai O. Influence of Sensor Information Accuracy on Condition-Based Maintenance Strategy for GIS/GCB Maintenance. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, 2011; 26(2). | Google Scholar
- Rudsari FN, Razi-Kazemi AA, Shoorehdeli MA. Fault Analysis of High-Voltage Circuit Breakers Based on Coil Current and Contact Travel Waveforms Through Modified SVM Classifier. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery; 2019; 34(4). | Google Scholar
- Xiang B, Lan R, Luo J, Yue M, Yao X, Liu Z, Geng Y, et al. Influence of DC Component Time Constants on Asymmetrical Fault Interruption of 126 kV SF6 Circuit Breakers. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery; 2022, Early Access Article. | Google Scholar
- Mitrik Z, Kádár P. System theory approach of SF6 high voltage circuit breaker development process. 2018 IEEE 16th World Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics (SAMI); 26 Mar 2018. | Google Scholar
- Yang W, Liu Z, Li B, Dou B. Simulation Test and Analysis of Defects for SF6/CF4 Mixed Gas Circuit Breaker. 2021 4th International Conference on Energy, Electrical and Power Engineering (CEEPE); 25 Apr 2021. | Google Scholar
- Glover JD, Sarma MS, Overbye TJ. Power System Analysis & Design (5th ed.). Cengage Learning, 2012: 382–385. | Google Scholar
- SF6 Circuit Breakers-Construction. [Internet] 10 Apr 2023. Available from: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=7qxEWkAo&id=5E17FFE4F63A0419F1F2E4BCB077653340F94DB7&thid=OIP.7qxEWkAorBleynBrfnvUSAHaHj&mediaur. | Google Scholar
- IEC-60909 Short-Circuit in EasyPower. Short-circuit currents decaying over time. [Internet] 10 Apr 2023. Available from:https://www.easypower.com/resources/article/iec-60909-short-circuit-in-easypower. | Google Scholar
- Chiad BT, AI-Zubaydi TL, Khalaf MK, Khudiar AI. Characterization of low-pressure plasma-dc glow discharges (Ar, SF6 and SF6/He) for Sietching. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics. 2010; 48(10):723-730. | Google Scholar
- Maintenance of SF6 Gas Circuit Breakers. [Internet] 15 Apr 2023. Available from: https://electrical-engineering-portal.com/maintenance-of-sf6-gas-circuit-breakers. | Google Scholar
Download data is not yet available.
Lin, M.J. 2023. To Research on Application and Maintenance of Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) Circuit Breaker. European Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. 7, 3 (May 2023), 1–5. DOI:https://doi.org/10.24018/ejece.2023.7.3.534.